Ashford Road is hosting its first Segment of the Month competition during 2018
(Thanks to Ben Smith!)
It will be a friendly competition open to all ARCC club members.
Each month a different Strava segment will be selected. Whoever records the fastest time (male and female) over the segment is the stage winner. Placings contribute to the overall competitions. The overall quickest times for the whole competition season will win the GC award.
- Competition is open to all members of Ashford Road.
- You must have a personal Strava account and join Ashford Road on Strava.
- Record a time on the nominated segment between 00:01hrs on the 1st of the month and 23:59hrs on the last day of the month.
- Only your best time counts so have as many goes as you like.
- Your time must be recorded on a human-powered bicycle nor taken whilst sitting in a car!
- Time trial bikes are to be used on nominated stages only.
- Segments will be classified as “Flat”, “Rolling”, or “Mountain”.
- Stages must be ridden solo or without drafting for your time to be counted. (Chain gang efforts are definitely not allowed.)
- At the end of each month the top 10 riders will be announced (male and female) and points awarded.
- In addition to the overall cumulative points General Classification (GC) competition, there will be “KOM/QOM” and “Sprint” competitions. Points are awarded to both competitors in the event of a tie.
- There will be 10 stages (December2017 to September 2018 .)
- The riders (male and female) with the highest cumulative points across all stages (GC) or in each category (KOM/QOM/Sprint) will be declared the winners.
- The organiser’s decision is final in any dispute.
A reminder that the rules of the road must be observed and the safety of yourselves and others is always the first priority.
GC: 15/12/10/8/6/5/4/3/2/1 Sprint: Flat 10/8/6/4/2, Rolling 5/4/3/2/1 KOM: Mountain 10/8/6/4/2, Rolling 5/4/3/2/1
One nominated mountain segment will be the Queen Stage with double KOM/QOM points.
Most of all have fun! - The ARCC Admin Team